Do you love trying out different recipes at home? Or you are that person who loves consuming organic foods? You may as well be that guy who really loves chocolate but you have never got an opportunity to get organic chocolate which has great tastes and does not put your health at risk.
If you fall in any of these categories, then you need to read this post to get the steps which you can use to make healthy chocolate at home. I bet you will love the final product. You will also enjoy the fulfillment which comes when you make something unique, healthy, and nutritious all by yourself. And more still, get that great taste of the commercial chocolate without necessarily putting your health at risk.
The Nutritional Value of the Homemade Chocolate
One exciting thing with the homemade chocolate is that it’s loaded with a wide array of nutrients. According to Santa Barbara Chocolate, the cacao fruit from where the main chocolate ingredients are derived contains a wide spectrum of vitamins and useful minerals. Research has also shown that organic chocolate is rich in antioxidants which are effective in detoxifying the body and ensuring a longer, healthier life.
Unlike the commercial chocolate which has unhealthy compounds such as emulsifiers, fats, and sugars, the homemade chocolate described below will only be composed of useful nutrients and zero junk compounds. Such a healthy product is what you need to maintain your health and still satisfy your chocolate craving.
The good news with this homemade chocolate is that it requires simple and easily available ingredients.
Use the following ingredients:
- 250 mL (1 cup) of grated cocoa butter.
- 250 mL (1 cup) virgin (With no added chemicals) coconut oil.
- 250 mL (1 cup) pure cacao powder.
- 4 Tablespoons (60 mL) of Lucuma powder.
- 1/2 cup- 1 cup (250 mL) of agave nectar. This is used for sweetening. You can as well go for liquid stevia.
- Grate 250 Ml of cocoa butter for easy melting.
- Measure 250 mL of virgin coconut oil.
- Get a heat-resistant bowl and pour the measured coconut oil and grated cocoa butter into the bowl.
- Place this bowl on a shallow pan with warm water (Around 75 degrees Celsius). Stir the mixture intermittently until it is uniformly mixed.
- Measure 250 mL of pure cacao powder and put it in another bowl.
- Measure 4 tablespoons of Lucuma powder and add it to the bowl with the pure cacao powder.
- Pour the above ingredients into the coconut oil-cocoa butter mixture and stir the final mixture.
- Sweeten the mixture by adding 1/2 a cup to 1 cup of agave nectar. If agave nectar does not align with your tastes, go for liquid stevia. You can as well consider using organic honey though it has extra carbs and calories.
- Put the melted chocolate on ice cube trays or just pour it on a pan and place the mixture in a freezer for around 30 minutes. Enjoy the final product with your loved one(s).
Making homemade chocolate is quite easy and exciting. It will not only help you unleash your creativity but it will also help you make something healthy, sweet, and organic. Be sure to try out this recipe in your next creative moment in the kitchen.