When you are an Indian, you ought to make chapati or roti your go-to food. It is an inalienable part of the Indian cuisine. Made out of whole wheat, it is healthy and can be paired with almost any and every Indian curry, all kinds of dal, dry vegetables and meat. Whether you make the roti on a frying pan or a roti maker, the result is the same.
Speaking about the health benefits of roti, it has a myriad list of health benefits and is enriched with a lot of nutrients like vitamins, iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium. A plain roti is an excellent source of soluble fibre.
It also helps in lowering blood cholesterol levels, preventing constipation, and makes our digestive system healthy. When talk of the nutritional value of a roti, know that a small chapati has 70 calories, 3 grams of protein, 0.4 grams of fat and 15 grams of energy-giving carbohydrates. Making rotis is a tedious job you have to go for various steps from doughing the floor to puffing rotis. But this problem is solved by the Rotimatic an automatic food robot which puffs rotis for you in minutes.
The best thing about this device is that it needs no effort, you just have to add flour, oil and water in its compartment and press the button, you will see rotis coming out. This automatic device is available on Amazon and you can buy it from there. You can go for some latest rotimatic reviews online and check its detailed specifications
Benefits of roti
- Chapattis are excellent sources of carbohydrates that can provide you with an ample amount of energy. Also, having two chapatis in the morning for breakfast can keep you full until the afternoon. Those who are maintaining a diet regime can combine rice and chapati for your lunch. Chapattis are known to give you energy and also boost up your mood.
- Eating chapatis every day can do wonders for your skin. It has the goodness of zinc and other minerals, which make it helps revitalize your skin and keeps it glowing. Hence, instead of using the revitalizing creams and anti-ageing moisturizers, it is better to eat roti daily.
- Since chapatis are a good source of soluble fibre, you must know that fibres help your body digest food easily. Similarly, chapattis get digested much faster than rice or any other item.
- As has already been mentioned, chapati is packed with a lot of nutrients. The unleavened flour with which it is prepared makes the roti a powerhouse of nutrients. When you are having one chapati, know that you are providing your body with a lot of nutrients like vitamins and minerals such as vitamins B and E, copper, zinc, magnesium, silicon, potassium, calcium, and other vital minerals as well.
- When you do not add any butter, ghee, or oil to the roti, it is fed with zero amount of calories. As compared to other foods, chapati is considered one of the best foods for weight loss regime.
- Chapati keeps you satiated for quite a long time. This helps in snacking up on foods too often, which in turn reduces the calorie intake.
- Since chapatis are loaded with iron, the level of haemoglobin in the body stays balanced. Naturally, it decreases the risk of iron deficiency in the body or anaemia. In turn, your body can produce a lot of red blood cells and white blood cells.
- This whole wheat contains a high level of nutritional value. A lot of chronic diseases need a diet that contains food like chapati. This helps in preventing your body and immune system to deal with various types of diseases.
Is stale roti as healthy as the fresh one?
Often you might have a stale roti in your house. Do not think that the roti is harmful to be eaten only because it is stale. Anything stale made out of wheat flour is beneficial to your health. A senior nutritionist of the Apollo Hospitals says, “In India, roti is made using wheat flour and water. And after it is made, it does not retain any moisture; hence it has a longer shelf life.”
So, if you have made rotis at night even with the help of a roti maker, they are safe to be consumed during breakfast the next morning. Make sure that you have the roti within 12 to 15 hours after it has been cooked. Here are some of the amazing health benefits of stale chapati. Follow Rotimatic on Facebook and get updated with more strange facts about rotis.
- Having stale roti in the morning with cold milk keeps the level of blood pressure in control. A famous Bariatric Counselor and Nutritionist say, “It is preferable to eat stale rotis with milk rather than with vegetable curry. Since milk has amazing properties, it also adds to the benefits.”
- If you are suffering from stomach problems, a stale roti can cure it. Stale rotis help cure gas, constipation, acidity, and other stomach related problems.
- If you have diabetes, stale roti is a solution to your diabetes. When you have stale roti with milk, your high blood sugar level reduces. Soak the chapati in milk for 5 to 8 minutes before consuming it. Make sure you do not add sugar to it.