When it comes to engagement rings, one needs to ensure that they have the best-designed ring to make their engagement a truly memorable occasion. The engagement ring forms the biggest item of the day and therefore, it has to be done in such a way that it cements the love of the couple. So, what are some of the things you need to consider when buying custom engagement rings? How should the ring be designed so that it looks beautiful, fancy, and lovely for both of you? What makes the ring special and timeless? How is an engagement ring created? What goes into it?
The above are pertinent questions that you may have before you buy an engagement ring. Well, here are things you need to know about engagement rings:
- Start designing early enough. Engagement rings take from a few weeks to a couple of months to be designed and delivered. As such, if you do not have much time remaining, start work early enough.
- Have a good and inspiring image of the ring at hand. There are many places where one can find suitable images for their custom engagement rings. The images are what you will present to your designer for them to start the process of making the ring.
- The next step is to find a jeweler that has suitable aesthetic values that mirror your own. There are many jewelers but you need to ask around and probably visit a few of them to determine the best one for your design and taste. Does their style appeal to you? Be sure to choose one that has made custom rings for other people.
- The next step is to choose a metal from which the ring will be made. You can choose anything from white gold, yellow gold, platinum, silver, and so on. Other than the above classic choices, you could as well decide on titanium, palladium, rose gold, recycled metals, and so on.
- The next step is to choose a special stone and the cut. When it comes to the cut, you may choose a round-cut, princess, oval, radiant, emerald, pear, marquise, heart, and so on.
- Decide on a setting for the ring. Settings could be cathedral, vintage, halo, cluster, shank, tension.
- Collaboration on a wax model and a sketch is the next step that the bride should be ready to fulfill. Once the wax model and the rendering are ready, the bride will be given these so that she can make a decision. Once the bride accepts the model, the jeweler is now going to fashion a wax model. A computerized model could be provided by some jewelers so the bride is satisfied before the ring is made.
- Casting and further customization will be done on the rings so that it is ready for delivery. The casting and cleaning of the rings is done. Customizations can be done by hand as well.
You can always visit your designers and jewelers to get the best engagement rings that are properly customized. This can be done by visiting their physical stores or visiting their websites and making the right orders for your ring.