Having an asphalt roof is probably the simplest and most reliable one in the modern times. It’s highly economical and doesn’t require a repair a replacement quite easily. Asphalt roof repairs are not too cumbersome as well. But one of the most important questions that everyone asks is when to understand that the repair is required. If you’re having an asphalt roof, the tell tale signs for the roof repair should be taken care. You must call a shingle roofing company, if the roof shows any of the signs.
Do you want to know what these signs are? In this article, we will discuss about what these cues are, that point towards a repair of an asphalt roof. Let us read further.
Signs which point towards asphalt roof replacement
If you have seen the following signs in asphalt roof, maybe it’s time to go ahead for a change:
- Condition of the shingles: The condition of the shingles is probably the first sign that we should look out for. If there is a missing shingle or any curled up shingle, then it’s time that you have to replace your asphalt roof. Maybe a repair can also be a solution, provided that the extent of damage is not too much.
- Signs of wind damage on the roof: Take special notice if there are any signs of wind damage on the roof. One of the major things that you should note is cracked shingles. If there is heavy wind that’s blowing, cracked shingles can be very obvious.
- Watch out for the granules in the gutter system: Oh, this could be one of the scariest things, and it’s a screaming sign for a repair. The shingles over there asphalt roof generally have granules present on them. But once the granules start falling over from the shingles, they start collecting under gutter. And this is when you need to be very much aware. Maybe it is the time for asphalt roof replacement.
- Sagging roof can be concerning: A sagging roof can be very dangerous. Out of all the problems listed above, if the roof is sagging into your home then you really need to seek out for professional help. It is the time that you must opt for asphalt roof repairs.
- Checkout for the growth of any vegetation: The growth of any vegetation over the roof service can be quite alarming. This could be due to the moisture that gets trapped under the shingles of the roof. Moreover, it could also result from the water that’s getting stored on the rooftop. It could lead to water dripping off from the roof into the home. This is an alarming sign.
- Light falling into the home: if there is a small crack on your roof then light can sift through these holes ad fall into your home. You can check it by making a room completely dark and seeing if there is any small light ray falling in the room.
Start with asphalt roof repairs right now!
If any of the above mentioned points are true in your case, it’s time to get started with asphalt roof replacement right now. Don’t delay it anymore!