Our body needs sleep to allow body cells to regenerate and for food to undergo proper digestion. A person not getting enough sleep will not be able to focus on the next day’s task and be unproductive. It is therefore important to ensure that you have all the conditions to make you sleep better at night.
Sleepless nights may be caused by an old mattress. Although a mattress lasts for a long time (lifespans of 5 to 10 years average), a worn-out mattress may not be effective in providing you sound sleep anymore. Likewise, the mattress you may have had when you were a teenager may no longer be able to carry the weight that you have put on. Nevertheless, when your mattress is already giving you discomfort, it may be the right time to purchase a new Sealy mattress.
Purchasing a new mattress can be a sizable investment, especially if you opt for a therapeutic Sealy mattress that can cost up to $3000. Nevertheless, it is important to invest in a high-quality mattress that will enable you to sleep better. However, with any major purchase, you have to make sure that you choose your mattress wisely. Here are the types of mattresses that you can buy.
Types of Mattresses
Almost all the mattresses available for sale can be classified into one of the following types.
- Innerspring (Coil). Coil mattresses are the most traditional type of mattresses. This mattress has a spring-based support system that makes them bouncier than other types of mattresses. However, coil mattresses do not offer motion isolation support, unlike the foam or memory mattresses. An advantage to coil mattresses is that they are extremely durable, and the metallic springs will retain their shapes for decades. Because of this, innerspring is ideal for heavyweight people. Another advantage of a coil mattress is that the spaces between the coils allow for the most circulation of air that allows for the coolest comfort for people who get hot during sleep.
- Foam Mattresses. A foam mattress is made entirely out of foam without any innerspring for support. Foam is a great material that can adjust to the shape of the sleeper and therefore provides above-average motion isolation support that is ideal for people who sleep on their sides. Memory foams, on the other hand, are improved versions of foam mattresses and give superior comfort and conformity to every inch of the body. Memory foams also have the greatest motion isolation, which means that a person sleeping next to you will not be disturbed even if you are a restless sleeper.
- Latex Mattresses. These mattresses are made from latex rubbers and offer the most bounce with moderate conforming abilities. Latex mattresses are ideal for back sleepers and heavyweight sleepers.
- Hybrid Mattresses. Hybrid mattresses combine having the durability and support of innerspring while providing the comforts of a foam mattress. Hybrids can combine the technology of innerspring, latex, and foam altogether. However, hybrid mattresses can be extremely expensive. If you go over the list of the most expensive mattresses in the world, you will see that most of them are hybrid mattresses.
- Airbeds. Airbeds use air chambers as their means to support the weight of the sleeper. Since the amount of air inside the chambers can be controlled, airbeds have integrated with smartphones and remotes to allow the sleepers the ability to control the amount of firmness and the conformity of the mattresses.
The choice of mattress that you will purchase will ultimately be based on how you will feel when you test them out. Nevertheless, if you feel comfortable with a Sealy mattress, do not skimp your budget to sacrifice having years of peaceful sleep every night.